The following is a COVID-19 update from First Selectman Ken Kellogg:
MONROE, CT — Here are a few COVID-19-related updates in town:
- In addition to the “Library to Go” service, the Edith Wheeler Memorial Library will begin offering limited hours of “express browsing,” by appointment, starting Monday. Gotowww.ewml.org for more information and to make an appointment.
- In addition to the Tax Collector and Town Clerk, the Building, Planning & Zoning, and Inland Wetlands departments will also offer services by appointment starting Monday. We will continue to provide — and encourage — remote service via phone, email, and our dropbox inside the police department lobby. If you need to visit in person, go to www.MonroeCT.org/appointments to make an appointment.
- As announced by our Acting Superintendent of Schools, Monroe public schools will open this fall with a hybrid approach of both in-school and remote learning. Details have been communicated directly to the school community.
- Reminders on State rules:Private social gatherings remain limited to 25 indoors and 100 outdoors.
- Masks or cloth face coverings are required when in public and a six-foot distance is unavoidable. For essential businesses, a mask does not need to be worn if an individual has a medical condition preventing them from doing so. For nonessential businesses, an owner has the right to refuse service to an individual not wearing a mask. The state has also advised that a face shield is not a sufficient replacement for a mask.
- Residents returning from travel from certain states must submit a travel health form and self- quarantine for 14 days. Further information available at https://portal.ct.gov/Coronavirus/travel.