Firefighters responded to a structure fire at the Mobil gas station and convenience store at 172 Main St. Friday morning, and contained the blaze to a storage area attached to the main building.
Fire Marshal William Davin said his investigation revealed the fire was caused by a ventilation fan malfunction, adding no injuries were reported.
Davin said there was light smoke damage to the main building.
“Due to the nature of the business the Health Department was notified and the convenience store will be closed until repairs are made,” he said, adding the business will remain open for gasoline only at this time.
Firefighters from the Stepney, Monroe and Stevenson companies had responded to the 911 call at 10:34 a.m.