MONROE, CT — First Selectman Ken Kellogg issued an update on the storm recovery in the aftermath of Tropical Storm Isaias Wednesday evening. As of 5 p.m., Eversource reported 6,145 outages in Monroe, approximately 77 percent of the town.
“Unfortunately, additional outages occurred due to the need to de-energize certain areas for safety reasons,” Kellogg explained.
Among other information in his update:
- Eversource continues to evaluate widespread damage and cannot currently provide any specific restoration times. As reported earlier, this will be a multi-day restoration effort.
- The current priority remains the ongoing efforts to clear blocked roadways, once Eversource makes the area safe for workers. Progress continues to be made, as several Eversource crews are in town.
- The Town Hall phone lines remain down, but calls to the emergency dispatch center, including 911, are functioning. Use the non-emergency number, 203-261-3622, to report storm related concerns that are not life threatening.
- Please remember to contact Eversource, and other utilities, directly to report an outage.
- Water is available from a hose at the Senior Center, Monroe Police Department in the vehicle bay area near the library, and at the fire stations on upper Main Street, Monroe Turnpike, and Jockey Hollow Road.
- A charging station for mobile devices is available at the Town Hall gazebo and from 8:30 a.m. to 7 p.m. outside Edith Wheeler Memorial Library. WiFi access is also available from outside the library building. Please practice social distancing and wear a mask when others are in the area.
Wolfe Park (including the pool), Great Hollow Lake, and Webb Mountain are closed due to extensive tree damage, blocked access, lack of power, and unsafe conditions.
Updates and the status of Town facilities is also available at www.MonroeCT.org/storm. Monroe’s Emergency Management Team continues to work on recovery efforts and we will provide further updates as information becomes available.
Only call 911 for emergencies. Here are phone numbers for non-emergencies and utilities:
Non-emergency storm-related issues: 203-261-3622
Eversource – Power Outage: 800-286-2000
Eversource – Natural Gas Issues: 877-944-5325
Aquarion Issues: 800-732-9678
Charter/Spectrum Outages: 833-780-1880
Frontier Outages: 800-921-8101