MONROE, CT — The Monroe Public Schools online registration for children eligible to start kindergarten in the fall of 2023 will begin on Feb. 6. Under state law, to be eligible, children must be at least five-years-old on or before January 1, 2024.
To begin your child’s kindergarten registration, complete the registration application on the district’s website. Follow the steps below:
- Quick Links list (to the far right on the homepage)
- Click on “Registration” and follow the directions
For assistance, call your child’s school at the phone numbers listed below, or send an email to [email protected].
- Fawn Hollow Elementary School, 345 Fan Hill Road, 203-452-2923
- Monroe Elementary School, 375 Monroe Turnpike, 203-452-2870
- Stepney Elementary School, 180 Old Newtown Road, 203-452-2885
Don’t know which elementary school your child will attend? A listing of streets with the designated elementary schools is available under both “Registration” and “Schools” on the district website.
Each elementary school will host two different events for kindergarten students and their families. In March and April, schools will host kindergarten screenings.
In June, schools will welcome students for a kindergarten orientation, which will be a time for students to ride the bus and meet their teacher. The elementary school will contact parents with more information about both of these events.