MONROE, CT — A 67-year-old Danbury woman crashed her Subaru Forester into the Haus of Dog, a dog grooming business at 115 Main St., Read More
MONROE, CT — Firefighters responded to a fire at a Colonial style house at 138 Hattertown Road after a passerby and the homeowner, who was working in his yard, reported seeing smoke at 10:24 a.m. Read More
Buying Christmas gifts can be difficult for some families, who are struggling to pay their bills, but thanks to the Giving Trees for the Holiday Joy program, children from 111 Monroe families will wake up Wednesday morning to find presents under their tree. Read More
Supper With Santa at the Monroe firehouse on Shelton Road brought families together Friday evening. The evening featured an all-you-can-eat pasta dinner accompanied by the one and only, Santa Claus.
Firefighters responded to a structure fire at the Mobil gas station and convenience store at 172 Main St. Friday morning, and contained the blaze to a storage area attached to the main building. Read More
Firefighters honored Olivia Cross, a Masuk High School junior, during a ceremony at Stepney firehouse Tuesday night, for her heroics during a house fire in April, when she got two small children she was babysitting outside to safety. Read More
Four juveniles were leaving a party Saturday night, when the driver lost control of the 2012 Audi S4 they were traveling in, went off Blanket Meadow Road and hit a house, before falling off a stonewall and catching fire, according to police. Read More
Families flocked to the open house at the Monroe Volunteer Fire Department’s Station No. 1 on Shelton Road Sunday, for an event that featured a touch-a-truck, fire safety tips and a live demonstration of a motor vehicle extrication. Read More