MONROE, CT — First Selectman Ken Kellogg says Monroe had two new COVID-19 cases in the past week as cases drop throughout the state. According to state reports, nearly every town in Connecticut had less than five cases per 100,000 population — or less than five total cases during the last two weeks.
As of Thursday’s Connecticut Department of Public Health report, Monroe has had 1,417 cases, and 16 deaths since the start of the pandemic, according to the first selectman’s update Friday.
“As reported last week, our last vaccination clinic will be held on June 16,” Kellogg said. “Please check www.monroect.org/covid-19 for information on ongoing vaccine availability in our area.”
“I will be suspending these written pandemic updates unless there is new information of significance,” he said. “My sincere thanks to our employees, volunteers, residents, and business owners. The collective resilience and strong teamwork in our town has kept Monroe working, and safe, during an historic period for our community and nation.”