MONROE, CT — The Masuk High School Girls Swim and Dive team enjoyed a 99-72 win in a home meet against Joel Barlow High School, while celebrating Senior Night on Tuesday, Oct. 24.
“Our dual season record is 6-5 and we officially won more meets than we lost, which I don’t think has happened in quite some time,” said Head Coach Emily DeMace. “We are gearing up for the championship season now.”
Among the Panthers’ seniors were Yara Shaik, Emily Hull and Claire Valle.
“After four years of swimming for Masuk I couldn’t have asked for a better send off,” Shaik said.
“Couldn’t have asked for a better season,” Hull added.
Valle said, “I am so proud and thankful to have been a part of such an incredible season and team.”
Today (Monday), Masuk’s divers will compete in the Diving SWCs in Weston.
The rest of the schedule includes:
- Thursday 11/2 Swimming SWCs at Masuk
- Thursday 11/9 CIAC Diving Finals in Middletown
- Saturday 11/11 CIAC Swimming Trials in East Lyme
- Tuesday 11/14 CIAC Swimming Finals at SCSU
- Thursday 11/16 Diving Opens in Middletown
- Sunday 11/19 Swimming Opens at Yale
In last Tuesday’s meet, Lena Savkovic, Lucia Morales, Shaik and Skye Eannotti took first place in the 200 Medley Relay. Among the other highlights:
- Carly Jordan finished first in diving with 210.90 points
- Lena Savkovic came in first in the 500 Free.
- Shaik, Eannotti, Morales and Savkovic finished first in the 200 Free relay.
- Morales won first in the 100 Breastroke.
Here’s a gallery of Panther Senior Night Photos: