MONROE, CT — Contact tracing has not shown a common theme in how Monroe’s COVID-19 cases occurred, but many new cases in Fairfield County have been linked to travel, religious gatherings and youth sports leagues, according to First Selectman Ken Kellogg.
According to the Connecticut Department of Public Health, Monroe had a total of four new cases in the past week for a total of 143 since the pandemic began.
In his COVID-19 update issued Saturday, Kellogg said new positive cases in Connecticut have been stable over the last week.
“State reports have indicated that while cases fell in five of eight counties, they rose in Hartford and Fairfield counties,” he said.
The first selectman reminds residents that Town Hall remains open by appointment only. Call departments for assistance. Appointments for many departments may be made online on the town’s website.
Among the state rules that remain in effect:
- Private social gatherings are limited to 25 people indoors and 100 outdoors.
- Outdoor organized events are limited to 500 people with 15 feet of space, “blanket to blanket.”
- Residents returning from travel from certain states must submit a travel health form and self-quarantine for 14 days. For more information on travel, click here.