MONROE, CT — A van caught fire in a driveway on Lynn Drive early Monday afternoon and the flames spread to the house, but the owner sprayed it with a garden hose until firefighters arrived and got the blaze under control. Read More
Did you hear … ? is a new feature with events and news in brief.
MONROE, CT — Gail and John Vena were watching TV in the bedroom of their house on Hawthorne Drive on Memorial Day, when a neighbor saw smoke coming from their home and dialed 911. Read More
MONROE, CT — Twin brothers Adam Jacozzi and Anthony Jr. were seven-years-old when they stood at the end of their driveway on Sweetbriar Lane one fall morning in 2011, waiting for a fire engine to arrive and take them and their friend Kenny Schneider to school. Read More
MONROE, CT — One firefighter was taken to the hospital with injuries and later released after battling a blaze at a barn in the 400-block of Wheeler Road Saturday night. Read More
MONROE, CT — Firefighters responded to a call when an empty unit under renovation at High Meadows condos caught fire on Highland Drive early Thursday morning. Read More
MONROE, CT — Candles can provide a warm feeling over the holidays, but pose a fire hazard when left lit overnight. Read More
MONROE, CT — Monroe Volunteer firefighters released the fourth video in their series on safety and prevention during National Fire Safety Week. Read More